Dr. Tracey Holloway
HAQAST Team Lead
University of Wisconsin—Madison
Tracey Holloway is a Professor in the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies and the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She leads an air quality research program in the Nelson Institute Center for Sustainability and the Global Environment (SAGE), working with undergraduates, graduate students, and professional researchers to understand links between regional air quality, energy, and climate.
Tracey’s core HAQAST project will pursue 6 goals:
- Provide gridded formaldehyde (HCHO) from the Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) to support the National Air Toxics Assessment (NATA).
- Work with EPA, LADCO, and other stakeholders to integrate satellite data into routine model evaluation.
- Advance work applying satellite data to ground-level ozone.
- Link “top-down” constraints on NO2 from the OMI instrument with “bottom-up” factors determining U.S. NOx emissions.
- Evaluate how MODIS satellite data can support planning for the federal Regional Haze Rule.
- Connect a new global chemical reanalysis with health and air quality stakeholder applications. With funding from the NASA Aura Science Team and Applied Science Program, Co-I Pierce is completing a multi-year chemical reanalysis data spanning 2006-2015/present. This new data product will provide global, time varying chemical composition data, leveraging a wide suite of satellite products to improve an advanced global model. The reanalysis product will have global coverage, 1ox 1oresolution, and data available every 3 hours.
Tracey contributes to the following Tiger Teams:
- Supporting the Use of Satellite Data in Regional Haze Planning, led by Arlene Fiore.
- Using Satellite Remote Sensing to Derive Global Climate and Air Pollution Indicators, led by Susan Anenberg.
- Supporting the Use of Satellite Data in State Implementation Plans (SIPS), led by Arlene Fiore.
- Improved National Emissions Inventory NOxEmissions Using OMI Tropospheric NO2Retrievals and Potential Impacts on Air Quality Strategy Development, led by Brad Pierce and Daniel Tong.
- Satellite Data for Health and Air Quality Management
- HAQAST UPDATE (HAQAST 2)
- What are the barriers to wider adoption of satellite data for health and air quality?
- How HAQAST is connecting NASA Science with Air Quality and Public Health Applications
- Year 2 Report: The NASA Health and Air Quality Applied Sciences Team (HAQAST)
- HAQAST 4: Wrap Up and Look Ahead
- Update on the NASA Health and Air Quality Applied Sciences Team
Morgan R Edwards, Tracey Holloway, R Bradley Pierce, Lew Blank, Madison Broddle, Eric Choi, Bryan N Duncan, Ángel Esparza, Giacomo Falchetta, Meredith Fritz, Holly K Gibbs, Henry Hundt, Tyler Lark, Amy Leibrand, Fei Liu, Becca Madsen, Tanya Maslak, Bhartendu Pandey, Karen C Seto, Paul W Stackhouse Jr. Frontiers in Sustainability.Read more
Daniel L. Goldberg, Monica Harkey, Benjamin de Foy, Laura Judd, Jeremiah Johnson, Greg Yarwood, and Tracey Holloway. Atmos. Chem. Phys.Read more
Peidong Wang, Tracey Holloway, Matilyn Bindl, Monica Harkey, and Isabelle De Smedt, Remote SensingRead more
Tracey Holloway and Jennifer Bratburd, The Magazine for Environmental ManagersDocument
Tracey Holloway, Daegan Miller, Susan Anenberg, Minghui Diao, Bryan Duncan, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Jeremy Hess, Patrick L. Kinney, Yang Liu, Jessica L. Neu, Susan M. O’Neill, M. Talat Odman, R. Bradley Pierce, Armistead G. Russell, Daniel Tong, J. Jason West, Mark A. Zondlo, Annual Review of Biomedical Data ScienceRead more
Tracey Holloway, Daegan R. Miller, Susan C. Anenberg, Minghui Diao, Bryan N. Duncan, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Jeremy Hess, Yang Liu, Jessica L. Neu, Susan M. O’Neill, R. Bradley Pierce, Armistead G. Russell, Daniel Tong, J. Jason West, Mark A. ZondloRead more
Monica Harkey, Tracey Holloway, Eliot J. Kim, Kirk R. Baker, Barron Henderson, JGR AtmospheresRead more
Susan C. Anenberg, Matilyn Bindl, Michael Brauer, Juan J. Castillo, Sandra Cavalieri, Bryan N. Duncan, Arlene M. Fiore, Richard Fuller, Daniel L. Goldberg, Daven K. Henze, Jeremy Hess, Tracey Holloway, Peter James, Xiaomeng Jin, Iyad Kheirbek, Patrick L. Kinney, Yang Liu, Arash Mohegh, Jonathan Patz, Marcia P. Jimenez, Ananya Roy, Daniel Tong, Katy Walker, Nick Watts, J. Jason West, Advancing Earth and SpaceRead more
Minghui Diao, Tracey Holloway, Seohyun Choi, Susan M. O’Neill, Mohammad Z. Al-Hamdan, Aaron Van Donkelaar, Randall V. Martin, Xiaomeng Jin, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Forrest Lacey, Patrick L. Kinney, Frank Freedman, Narasimhan K. Larkin, Yufei Zou, James T. Kelly, Ambarish Vaidyanathan, Journal of the Air & Waste Management AssociationRead more
T. Holloway, DJ Jacob, and D Miller, Applied Remote SensingRead more
Zhuldyz Darynova, Aigerim Maksot, Lyazzat Kulmukanova, Milad Malekipirbazari, Hamed Sharifi, Mehdi Amouei Torkmahalleh, Tracey Holloway, Journal of Applied Remote SensingRead more
Anastasia Montgomery, Tracey Holloway, Journal of Applied Remote SensingRead more
Alexandra Karambelas, Tracey Holloway, Patrick L Kinney, Arlene M Fiore, Ruth DeFries, Gregor Kiesewetter, Chris Heyes, Environmental Research LettersRead more
Alexandra Karambelas, Tracey Holloway, Gregor Kiesewetter, Chris Heyes, Atmospheric EnvironmentRead more
David Abel, Tracey Holloway, Monica Harkey, Arber Rrushaj, Greg Brinkman, Phillip Duran, Mark Janssen, Paul Denholm, Atmospheric EnvironmentRead more
Two HAQAST members (Bryan Duncan and Ted Russell) are among the authors of the Weather and Air Quality panel, HAQAST collaborator Steve Ackerman co-chaired the panel, and team leader Tracey Holloway was a reviewerRead more
Olivia V. Sanderfoot and Tracey Holloway, Environmental Research LettersRead more
Paul Meier, Tracey Holloway, Jonathan Patz, Monica Harkey, Doug Ahl, David Abel, Scott Schuetter and Scott Hackel, Environmental Research LettersRead more
David Abel, Tracey Holloway, Ryan M. Kladar, Paul Meier, Doug Ahl, Monica Harkey, and Jonathan Patz, Environmental Science & TechnologyRead more
Zhuldyz Darynova, Mehdi Torkmahalleh, Lyazzat Kulmukanova, Aigerim Maksot, Tracey Holloway, Journal of Applied Remote SensingRead more