Dr. Minghui Diao is an assistant professor at the Department of Meteorology and Climate at San Jose State University. She finished her PhD degree at Princeton University and was an ASP postdoctoral fellow at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. Her research includes analyses of aerosol-cloud interactions using remote sensing and in-situ observations.
Minghui’s HAQAST project seeks to develop a product that connects the daily 3-km satellite-derived PM2.5 grids to a dispersion model to represent the fine-scale PM2.5 structure on 100 meter horizontal resolution. To do so, her team will develop three deliverables:
- Daily MODIS satellite-derived 3-km PM2.5 grids over California.
- A web-based visualization platform to enable analysts to view the satellite-derived Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) and PM2.5 grids with other gridded datasets and model fields.
- Fusion of satellite-derived PM2.5 grids and dispersion model simulations, which provides case studies of PM2.5 on community scales, such as around highway intersections in downtown Sacramento and Los Angeles. The dispersion model will also be run to account for important sources of direct PM2.5 emissions at local scale in the case studies of Imperial Valley and California wildfires.
Minghui contributes to the following Tiger Teams:
- Air Quality and Health Burden of 2017 California Wildfires, led by Susan O’Neill.
- High Resolution Particulate Matter Data for Improved Satellite-Based Assessments of Community Health, led by Patrick Kinney.
- Using satellite-derived PM2.5 dataset to assist air pollution management in California
- Applications of satellite data in analyses of surface PM2.5
- Air Quality and Health Burden of 2017 Northern California Wildfires
Susan M. O’Neill, Minghui Diao, Sean Raffuse, Mohammad Al-Hamdan, Muhammad Barik, Yiqin Jia, Steve Reid, Yufei Zou, Daniel Tong, J. Jason West, Joseph Wilkins, Amy Marsha, Frank Freedman, Jason Vargo, Narasimhan K. Larkin, Ernesto Alvarado & Patti Loesche. Journal of the Air & Waste Management AssociationRead more
Tracey Holloway, Daegan Miller, Susan Anenberg, Minghui Diao, Bryan Duncan, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Jeremy Hess, Patrick L. Kinney, Yang Liu, Jessica L. Neu, Susan M. O’Neill, M. Talat Odman, R. Bradley Pierce, Armistead G. Russell, Daniel Tong, J. Jason West, Mark A. Zondlo, Annual Review of Biomedical Data ScienceRead more
Tracey Holloway, Daegan R. Miller, Susan C. Anenberg, Minghui Diao, Bryan N. Duncan, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Jeremy Hess, Yang Liu, Jessica L. Neu, Susan M. O’Neill, R. Bradley Pierce, Armistead G. Russell, Daniel Tong, J. Jason West, Mark A. ZondloRead more
Minghui Diao, Tracey Holloway, Seohyun Choi, Susan M. O’Neill, Mohammad Z. Al-Hamdan, Aaron Van Donkelaar, Randall V. Martin, Xiaomeng Jin, Arlene M. Fiore, Daven K. Henze, Forrest Lacey, Patrick L. Kinney, Frank Freedman, Narasimhan K. Larkin, Yufei Zou, James T. Kelly, Ambarish Vaidyanathan, Journal of the Air & Waste Management AssociationRead more