Arlene Fiore is an associate professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University. She is interested in using satellite products and models to inform air quality planning and health accountability.
For her HAQAST project, Arlene plans to:
- conduct a multi-pollutant health impact analysis for at least the past decade over New York State (NYS), as a test bed for a nation-wide approach.
- attribute background versus U.S. anthropogenic sources of pollution for linkage to health analyses on daily to inter-annual time scales.
- estimate uncertainties in satellite-based and modeling approaches to source attribution and to exposure mapping at multiple time and space scales.
In addition, she contributes to the following Tiger Teams:
- Satellite-Evaluated and Satellite-Informed O3 Distributions for Estimating US Background O3, led by Jessica Neu
- Using Satellite Remote Sensing to Derive Global Climate and Air Pollution Indicators, led by Susan Anenberg.
- Demonstration of the Efficacy of Environmental Regulations in the Eastern US, led by Bryan Duncan and Jason West.
- High Resolution Paticulate Matter Data for Improved Satellite-Based Assessments of Community Health, led by Patrick Kinney
And she leads two Tiger Teams:
- Supporting the Use of Satellite Data in Regional Haze Planning.
- Supporting the Use of Satellite Data in State Implementation Plans (SIPS).
Source Attribution Using Satellite Products and Models to Inform Air Quality Planning and Health Accountability
Xiaomeng Jin, Arlene M Fiore, Kevin Civerolo, Jianzhao Bi, Yang Liu, Aaron van Donkelaar, Randall V Martin, Mohammad Al-Hamdan, Yuqiang Zhang, Tabassum Z Insaf
Xiaomeng Jin, Arlene M. Fiore, Gabriele Curci, Alexei Lyapustin, Kevin Civerolo, Michael Ku, Aaron van Donkelaar, and Randall V. Martin
Jean J. Guo, Arlene M. Fiore, Lee T. Murphy, Daniel A. Jaffe, Jordan L. Schnell, Charles T. Moore, George P. Milly, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics.
Daniel A. Jaffe, Owen R. Cooper, Arlene M. Fiore, Barron H. Henderson, Gail S. Tonneson, Armistead G. Russell, Daven . Henze, Andrew O. Langford, Meiyun Lin, Tom Moore, Elementa.
Xiaomeng Jin, Arlene M. Fiore, Gabriel Curci, Alexei Lyapustin, Kevin Civerolo, Michael Ku, Aaron von Donkelaar, Randall V. Martin, Atmoshperic Chemistry and Physics.
Alexandra Karambelas, Tracey Holloway, Patrick L Kinney, Arlene M Fiore, Ruth DeFries, Gregor Kiesewetter, Chris Heyes, Environmental Research Letters
, V. Naik, A. M. Fiore, A. Gaudel, J. Guo, M. Y. Lin, J. L. Neu, D. D. Parrish, H. E. Rieder, J. L. Schnell, S. Tilmes, O. Wild, L. Zhang, J. R. Ziemke, J. Brandt, A. Delcloo, R. M. Doherty, C. Geels, M. I. Hegglin, L. Hu, U. Im, R. Kumar, A. Luhar, L. Murray, D. Plummer, J. Rodriguez, A. Saiz-Lopez, M. G. Schultz, M. T. Woodhouse, G. Zeng, Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene