Yang Liu is an associate professor in Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health. Liu’s research interests include the application of satellite remote sensing in air pollution exposure modeling and health effects studies at urban to national scales as well as the potential impacts of global climate change on public health.
Yang’s HAQAST work proposes translate research knowledge to our public health partners in two projects.
- First, building on our long-standing collaboration with CDC’s Environmental Public Health Tracking Network (Tracking Network), we will conduct a national scale epidemiological study to link age-specific county-level daily counts of emergency department (ED) visits with fused air pollution exposure estimates from satellite observations, model simulations and EPA ground measurements to demonstrate an important application of Tracking’s environmental health surveillance data.
- Second, partnering with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), we will conduct a multi-year time-series epidemiological study to evaluate the health impact of air pollution levels elevated by wildfires in Colorado.
In addition, he contributes to the following Tiger Teams:
- Using Satellite Remote Sensing to Derive Global Climate and Air Pollution Indicators, led by Susan Anenberg.
- Demonstration of the Efficacy of Environmental Regulations in the Eastern US, led by Bryan Duncan and Jason West.
- High Resolution Paticulate Matter Data for Improved Satellite-Based Assessments of Community Health, led by Patrick Kinney.
Keyong Huang, Jianzhao Bi, Xia Meng, Guannan Geng, Alexei Lyapustin, Kevin J. Lane, Dongfeng Gu, Patrick L. Kinney, Yang Liu
Keyong Huang, Jianzhao Bi, XiaMeng, Guannan Geng, Alexei Lyapustin, Kevin J. Lane, Dongfeng Gu, Patrick L. Kinney, Yang Liu, Chemosphere
Ying Zhou, Xia Meng, Jessica Hartmann Belle, Huanxin Zhang, Caitlin Kennedy, Mohammad Z. Al-Hamdan, Jun Wang, Yang Liu, Envionrmental Pollution
Xuefei Hu, Jessica H. Belle, Xia Meng, Avani Wildani, Lance A. Waller, Matthew J. Strickland, Yang Liu, Environmental Science and Technology
Jessica H. Belle, Howard H. Chang, Yujie Wang, Xuefei Hu, Alexei Lyapustin, Yang Liu, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health