Dr. Jessica Neu
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Jessica Neu is the Aura TES Deputy Principal Investigator at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Neu’s research focuses on understanding what controls the chemical composition of the atmosphere at the regional and global scale and, ultimately, how atmospheric composition will change with and feed-back onto changes in other components of the climate system.
Neu’s HAQAST project will use satellite measurements for the quantification and attribution of background ozone, with an emphasis on air quality in the Western United States. Specifically, this project aims to:
- Develop a set of satellite-based analyses aimed at supporting quantification and attribution of changes in background ozone in the Western US.
- Use assimilated satellite measurements to generate ozone lateral and upper boundary conditions for regional models.
- Exploit our group’s unique capability to generate regional maps of tropospheric ozone profiles from a combination of AIRS and OMI to identify and quantify ozone associated with long-range transport, stratospheric intrusions, and wildfires to aid in exceptional event analysis.
In addition, she contributes to the following Tiger Teams:
- Air Quality and Health Burden of 2017 California Wildfires, led by Susan O’Neill.
- Supporting the Use of Satellite Data in State Implementation Plans (SIPS), led by Arlene Fiore.
She also leads the Tiger Team Satellite-Evaluated and Satellite-Informed O3 Distributions for Estimating US Background O3.
- Satellite-based products and tools to support quantification and attribution of background ozone
- Using Satellite Data to Aid Quantification and Attribution of Background Ozone Changes in the Western US
Hongrong Shi, Zhe Jiang, Bin Zhao, Zhijin Li, Yang Chen, Yu Gu, Jonathan H. Jiang, Meemong Lee, Kuo‐Nan Liou, Jessica L. Neu, Vivienne H. Payne, Hui Su, Yuan Wang, Marcin Witek, John Worden, JGR Atmospheres
Juliana Mae Richter, Russell Chipman, Brian Daugherty, David J. Diner, Annmarie Eldering, Jason J. Hyon, Meredith Kupinski, Jessica L. Neu, Dejian Fu, SPIE. Digital Library
, V. Naik, A. M. Fiore, A. Gaudel, J. Guo, M. Y. Lin, J. L. Neu, D. D. Parrish, H. E. Rieder, J. L. Schnell, S. Tilmes, O. Wild, L. Zhang, J. R. Ziemke, J. Brandt, A. Delcloo, R. M. Doherty, C. Geels, M. I. Hegglin, L. Hu, U. Im, R. Kumar, A. Luhar, L. Murray, D. Plummer, J. Rodriguez, A. Saiz-Lopez, M. G. Schultz, M. T. Woodhouse, G. Zeng, Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene
Karen E. Cady-Pereira, Vivienne H. Payne, Jessica L. Neu, Kevin W. Bowman, Kazuyuki Miyazaki, Eloise A. Marais, Susan Kulawik, Zitely A. Tzompa-Sosa, and Jennifer D. Hegarty, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics
Vivienne H. Payne, Jessica L. Neu, Helen M. Worden, Journal of Geographic Research: Atmospheres